Hello, my name is Dohyun Kim (김도현 in Korean and 金度賢 in Chinese character), and I am a post-doctoral researcher in Research Instititue of Basic Sciences at Seoul National University (CV_DohyunKim_20/09/11). Recently, I have received POSCO Science Fellowship of POSCO TJ Park Foundation which starts from January 2021 for two years.
- Research interests
My research interests generally include analysis of equations which arise from mathematical physics. In particular, I have studied both theoretical and numerical analysis of nonlinear Schrödinger equations, aggregation equations and Vlasov-type kinetic equations on the Euclidean space and Riemannian manifolds. Currently, I am working on kinetic equations coupled with external fields and Euler equations on compact manifolds.
• First position after SNU: Postdoctoral researcher, National Institute for Mathematical Sciences (NIMS), March 2019 – September 2020.
• Current position: Postdoctoral researcher, Research Institute of Basic Sciences, Seoul National University, September 2020 – Present.
• Ph.D., Mathematics, Seoul National University (SNU), March 2015 – February 2019, (Academic Advisor : Prof. Seung-Yeal Ha).
• B.Sc., Mathematics, Seoul National University (SNU), March 2011 – February 2015, (Academic Advisor : Prof. Seung-Yeal Ha).
- Honor and Scholarship
• POSCO Science Fellowship of POSCO TJ Park Foundation, Postdoctoral Fellowship, September 2020.
• Brain Korea 21, BK21 Scholarship for a long-term visiting program, July 2017 – August 2017.
• E-mail: dohyunkim at sungshin.ac.kr, dohyunkim.math.snu at gmail.com.
• CV: CV_DohyunKim_20/09/11 (Last update: 2020/09/11)
• Dissertation defense presentation file: Dissertation_defense_dohyunkim (Last update: 2018/11/16).